What is Mercury Retrograde?
Occasionally, from the perspective that we have on Earth, the planet of Mercury appears to go backwards in its orbit around our sun. The time that Mercury appears to be going backwards is called Mercury Retrograde.
How often does Mercury Retrograde happen?
Most years, we have three periods of Mercury Retrograde. Each usually lasts about 21 days. In 2016, due to when these cycles occur, we will experience four Mercury Retrogrades.
What are we likely to experience during Mercury Retrograde?
Everyone’s experience of each Mercury Retrograde is different. Most people experience:
- Issues with technology
- Issues with interpersonal communication
- Things break
- Travel plans will take unexpected turns
- Some things, especially new information, may take longer to understand, process, and integrate
Are some people more impacted by Mercury Retrograde than others?
Mercury controls the two astrological signs of Virgo and Gemini. For people born into these signs, the experience can be very strong, taxing much of what happens to them during this time.
What can I do to limit the impact of Mercury Retrograde on **my** life?
You would be ill advised to begin a new relationship, a new job, or a long-term project during a Mercury Retrograde. You should also avoid signing any agreements (marriage, financial, business, etc.). Many people avoid making medical appointments.
In most cases, starting the effort BEFORE the start of Mercury Retrograde will bring the energy into balance allowing the work to continue through and after the cycle.
And, emergencies can be exceptions to much of the above guidance (i.e., should your car break, fix it if you need to).
So, if I can’t do these things, what could I do instead?
- Mercury Retrograde is a great time to complete or finish projects that seem to be stuck.
- Mercury Retrograde is also a great time to finish things that you have promised to others.
- Mercury Retrograde is a time of “RE”. Re-do, re-plan, re-organize, re-define, re-think. But, do not take any action on the work you do. Do not put the Re-finements into place until AFTER the cycle is over.
Are there any unique factors of the Mercury Retrograde from August 30 to September 22?
This particular Mercury Retrograde is not a good time to travel, especially the first few days of the cycle.
This is a good time to release yourself from outdated beliefs to set yourself free from poor judgement. This release will prepare you for optimum performance.
For existing clients, referrals can save you even more. Every time a new client gives us your name, you will get a $20 credit toward your next purchase. Plus, your friend will get a 10% discount. What better way to show your friendship than by sharing our services with friends in need?